FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I come in to the studio and sign up for the class I’d like to take?
Since our class size is limited to 12 students, we ask that you sign up in advance for classes. They fill up quickly online!
How do I sign up?
We have three easy ways to signup:
- RECOMMENDED METHOD: Download the MINDBODY App to your phone or tablet from the App Store or Google Play.
- Go to the SCHEDULE page. Choose your class and follow the prompts to log in or create an account if you're new to our studio.
- Call the studio directly: 203-491-2160
How soon can I sign up for a class?
Classes are posted for sign-up 5 days before the class is scheduled to take place.
The class I want is full, so I added myself to the waitlist. How does that work?
- If a spot in that class opens, you’ll receive an email letting you know you’re in!
- If you can’t make it, remember to remove yourself at least 12 hours before, or you’ll be charged a $17 cancellation fee.
Do I need to bring any equipment to class?
We have all the equipment you’ll need for class. Just bring a water bottle and yourself!
What should I wear?
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move and stretch.
- Barre socks (with super-strong non-slip pads) are required for both safety and sanitary purposes. We sell them if you need a pair.
How soon will I see results?
If you consistently attend barre class 2-3 times a week, you should see results in 4 weeks or sooner!
What if I have an injury?
Please list any previous or new injures on your New Client Intake form,and let your instructor know before class so they can give you any modifications for the workout.
If you have just come off a serious injury or are still healing from one, please provide a doctor’s note indicating you are cleared to participate in ANY workout activities.
Can I take class if I'm pregnant?
- If you are pregnant and are an existing client with Barre Boutique, and have taken at least 10 classes, you may continue to take class if you have a doctor’s note.
- If you are pregnant and a first-time client at Barre Boutique, you are NOT permitted to take class, even with a doctor’s note.
- If you are an existing client and are newly pregnant, please let us know before the class starts.
How old must I be to take class?
Students under the age of 18 can take class if they have a parent or guardian sign-off on the New Client Intake form. Only students 13 and over may attend class.